Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Baptism!

Acts 2:38 - "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. "

While being here, I learned a lot about baptism and how it is what people do when they are ready to give their life to God and be cleansed of their sins. Jesus says that when we are baptised our sins are washed away and forgotten to him. Now this does not mean we can go be crazy every day and then get baptised every night to wash it away. No, it is not that easy. And the more I learned all of these things the more I felt kind of silly for being baptised at 4 months old. I mean what sins can I have washed away at four months old?.. "sorry mom and dad for crying too much" was the only one I could think of.. Therefore I decided that I have come to a time in my life where it´s time to grow up and commit my life to God because it really shouldn´t be any other way. Marlon and Jessica said they would love to be the ones who baptise me and I can´t think of anywhere better to be baptised than in this beautiful country. So yesterday (July 16) we walked down the mini mountain they live on and crossed the street and walked to the river. Licy Celeste and Michael came as well for moral support :) Of course the river was FREEZING, but it was definitely worth it. After the baptism we stayed in the water and Marlon prayed over me and who I will become. Then of course I had to swim around.. The water here is sooo much cleaner than Lake Houston.. It was very refreshing! So it was definitely a day to remember. Later that night Marlon and Jessica wanted to celebrate so Marlon used his new man made grill again and grilled up some Red Snapper fish and more ribs, And inside Jessica and I made some delicious guacamole and Michael made fresh lemonade! I have learned a lot in my time here so far, and I hope to learn even more. I know God has a plan for me as well as for all of you, so don´t be afraid to let go of whatever is holding you back and give your life to Him, because only then will you be truly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment